💡 Research Paper Examples on Metabolic Disorders
- Metabolic Syndrome, Type 2 Diabetes, and Blood Vessel Damage
Metabolic syndrome (MetSynd) is a pre-diabetes condition that predisposes individuals to type 2 diabetes mellitus (type 2 DM) and coronary heart disease.
- Metabolism, Sleep, and Obesity
In this paper, the study by Zhang et al. (2021) will be used to examine metabolic flexibility during sleep and its effect on obesity.
- Endocrine, Metabolic, and Hematologic Disorders
An 82-year-old female comes into the office with complaints of dizziness, fatigue, weakness, and dyspnea that increases after physical activity.
- Metabolic Syndrome X: Complementary and Alternative Medicine Treatment
Complementary and alternative therapies are effective in the management of metabolic syndrome X. These therapies need to be monitored in order to achieve maximum results.
- Exercise Decreases the Risk of Metabolic Syndrome in Elderly Females
The article describes the effects and benefits of wellness programs for older women and the impact of physical activity on Metabolic Syndrome.
- Metabolic Disorders Associated With Carbohydrates Metabolisms
Carbohydrate metabolism is one of significant activities in the body necessary for the production of the energy required to perform tasks that's why paper discusses its disorders.
- The Power of Metabolism
There are plenty of health problems that practitioners fail to address. One of them is obesity and excessive weight, and they are treated with diets.
- The Metabolic Syndrome Concept
Obesity and the related conditions collectively lead to a disorder referred to as metabolic syndrome, which is attributable to poor diet and diminished levels of physical exercise.
- Chronic Inflammation: Metabolic Syndrome and Cardiovascular Disease
This fact sheet aims at providing scientific evidence on the relationship between obesity, chronic inflammation and CVD.
- Metabolic Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
This article discusses in detail how type 2 diabetes develops over time in patients with metabolic syndrome, focusing on the pathophysiological changes that occur.
- Description of the Metabolic Syndrome
A participatory approach is a way to go if levels of such disorders are to be set within acceptable limits. The essay provides an elaborate description of metabolic syndrome.
- Case Study for the Patient With Metabolic Syndrome
This paper discusses the link between type II diabetes and metabolic syndrome and the progressive development of insulin resistance for a patient diagnosed with metabolic syndrome.
- Endocrine, Metabolic, and Hematologic Disorders
A 78-year-old patient presents with pain in her left leg after a fall. Her medical history includes such diseases as diabetes, peripheral vascular disease, chronic kidney disease.
- Childhood Obesity, Metabolic Syndrome and Related Risks
This paper analyzes two articles that are related to the topic of childhood obesity, obesity-related metabolic syndrome and related risks.
- Gut Bacteria and Metabolic Disorders
This paper provides a valuable overview of the existing knowledge on gut bacteria and its functioning while offering an insight into possible obesity interventions.
- Menkes Disease: Disorder of Copper Metabolism
The author describes the Menkes syndrome as an inherited disorder of copper metabolism in the body that leads to a deficiency of copper and accompanying signs.
- Fuels Fat: Energy Balance and Metabolism
It's worth remembering the function of the brain in the regulatory process of fats in the body. Those suffering from obesity should be encouraged to try physical exercises first.
- Metabolism Aspects for Optimal Athletic Performance
This article focuses on metabolism, how it works, methods of altering metabolism, and drugs used to alter its processes.
- Metabolism and Thermoregulation Process
Energy is required to carry out various processes necessary for life. The article discusses some of the terms used in metabolism.
- Phenylketonuria: Metabolic Control and Treatment
Phenylketonuria (PKU) is a hereditary disease with an autosomal recessive type of inheritance. Phenylketonuria is caused by insufficient activity of the enzyme called phenylalanine hydroxylase.
- The Coffee Diet: Cut Appetite, Burn Fat, and Boost Metabolism
The purpose of this paper is to discuss whether the coffee diet is applicable in most cases and express a personal opinion.
- Effects of Glycemic Index on Metabolism and Implications for Health
The glycemic index or GI is defined as a measure of the diverse effects of carbohydrates on the level of glucose in our body.
- Metabolic Acidosis, Its Diagnosis and Treatment
There are numerous forms of metabolic acidosis. They include diabetic acidosis, lactic acidosis, and hyperchloremic acidosis.
- Metabolism and Energy: Cellular Organisms Adaptive Features
This paper will discuss different organisms’ cells and their adaptive characteristics about metabolism and respiration.
- The Renal System and Its Relationship to Metabolism
The renal system is, as a result, a vital organ in the metabolic activities, in the body. It is involved in the excretion of the metabolic end products of biomolecules in the body.
👍 Good Metabolic Disorders Essay Samples for College
- Caffeine: Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism
This paper discusses the metabolism, physiological and pharmacological effects of caffeine on the different human systems.
- Tandem Mass Spectrometry Use in Screening for Inborn Errors of Metabolism
Tandem mass spectrometry is a technical advance that can diagnose a variety of inborn errors of metabolism and has the potential for growing neonatal screening for these disorders.
- Regulation of Metabolism and Eating Disorders
Eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia, are often caused by social pressure from friends and family to maintain a particular body image.
- Perspectives in Human Physiology: Biochemistry, Enzymes and Metabolism
Enzymes were discovered by the German chemist Eduard Buchner towards the end of the nineteenth century. Enzymes are organic catalysts that speed up chemical reactions in organisms.
- A Study of Drug Allergy, Iron Poisoning and Abnormal Bone Mineral Metabolism
A study of drug allergy, iron poisoning, and abnormal bone mineral metabolism after long-term anticonvulsant treatment is conducted and the effects of each case study are verified.
- Diabetes Mellitus: Prominent Metabolic Disorder
Diabetes mellitus is arguably the most prominent metabolic disorder. The effects of this condition can easily impact various functionalities within the human body.
- Cell Energy Metabolism Controls
This essay explains how photosynthesis and respiration provide energy from food, and cells use enzymes as biological catalysts to increase or accelerate the rate of reactions.
- Methods to Boost Metabolism
The topics of weight loss and boosting the organism’s metabolic processes involve multiple myths about questionable eating believed to increase metabolic rates.
- HMB Metabolic Supplementation and Athletic Performance
The use of an HMB-based metabolic supplement, a breakdown product of the amino acid leucine, has no meaningful effect on improving an athlete's lean body mass.
- Understanding the Metabolic Function
The broad definition of metabolism suggests that the subject matter includes the entirety of the processes within a body required to sustain life in an organism.
- Muscle Strength: Cardio-Metabolic Factors
Muscle strength is indeed linked to cardio-metabolic factors. The association indicates a reduction in cardiometabolic risks in an increase of muscle strength.
- Cellular Metabolism and Disease by DeBerardinis et al.
DeBerardinis and Thompson overview the role of three different types of metabolism in biological and physiological pathways in the human body.
- Lipid Metabolism: Quasi-Experimental Research
A summary of the article Lipid metabolism in cognitive decline and dementia shows that the study was a nonrandomized pre-post interventional investigation.