💡 Research Paper Examples on Sleep
- Is the Effect of Sleep Deprivation on Humans Overrated?
Sleep is a normal activity very important for our well-being. There are numerous theories, which try to explain why organisms sleep.
- Sleep Problems, Their Treatment and Management
Lack of proper sleep may have a serious health impact on an individual. People who report having problems falling asleep also report other mental health problems.
- Sleep Disorders and Solutions for Children
Sleeping disorder deprives individuals of healthy and refreshing rest and contributes to the emergence of multiple psychological issues.
- Lack Sleep Effects on Teenagers
Researchers considered and analyzed adolescent emotional problems and came to conclusion that sleep deprivation have a great impact on their health and education.
- Metabolism, Sleep, and Obesity
In this paper, the study by Zhang et al. (2021) will be used to examine metabolic flexibility during sleep and its effect on obesity.
- The Influence of Sleep Deprivation on Human Body
Almost half of the Americans have sleeping problems, and about a third of them consider themselves evening persons and dislike any morning activities.
- Promoting Sleep by Nursing Interventions in Health Care Settings
The theory of self-care developed by Orem is another approach that can apply to the necessity of sleep hygiene intervention.
- Effects of Sleep Deprivation
Sleep is an important natural phenomenon. Appropriate hours of sleep are crucial to a healthy state of mind and body, and sleep deprivation could result in innumerable bodily troubles.
- Effects of Sleep Deprivation
It can be authoritatively stated that regular undisturbed sleep is of utmost importance for one’s psychological and physical well being.
- Hypersomnia Subtypes, Sleep and Relapse in Bipolar Disorder
Kaplan et al.’s “Hypersomnia subtypes, sleep and relapse in bipolar disorder” identifies subtypes of the disease, which promotes the clarification of its definition.
- Understanding and Treating Sleep Disorders
When a person finds themselves having difficulty sleeping, they are known to suffer from insomnia. When a person sleeps excessively, then they are known to suffer from hypersomnia.
- Sleep Disorders: Causes, Prevalence, Treatment
Sleep is an important part of our lives. The paper is an in-depth analysis of the causes, prevalence, and treatment of sleep disorders.
- Impactful Dream: An Episode of Sleep Paralysis
The paper states that to interpret the dream with sleep paralysis, it is necessary to review real-life events and the avoidance pattern.
- Memory Consolidation and Reconsolidation After Sleep
The conversion of labile memory into a more permanent one is understood as memory consolidation. The permanent memory is liable to frequent reactivation and recall.
- Relationship Between Depression and Sleep Disturbance
This essay critically reviews the relationship that exists between depression and sleep disturbance with regards to various studies that have been conducted in the two conditions.
- Sleep Stages, Brain Waves, and the Neural Mechanisms of Sleep
The paper reviews information on sleep stages and neurons operating sleep inside the human body, and the relationship between brain waves and dream structure.
- Sleep Disorder : An Obstructive Sleep Apnea
A sleeping disorder that will be discussed in this paper is obstructive sleep apnea. This is a condition that manifests in shallow or absent breathing during sleep.
- Factors Influencing Sleep Quality Among Female Staff Nurses
The number of confirmed cases and deaths from COVID-19 is growing daily, overwhelming healthcare institutions with a shortage of staff.
- Sleep Apnea, the Heart and the Brain in the Elderly
Sleep apnea is a health condition that is commonly found in older adults. During sleep, breathing of a person may stop for 10 or more seconds.
- Sleep and Its Importance for Humans
The importance of sleep is determined by the fact that it helps the human body deal with stress and resists the occurrence of mental disorders.
- Prevalence of Sleep Disorders among Medical Students
In physiology, sleep is categorized into a couple of broad groups; that is, rapid eye movement (REM) and non-rapid eye movement (NREM/non-REM).
- Electronic Devices Use and Sleep in US Adolescents
Due to the excessive use of technology at bedtime, adolescents face the threat of disrupting their sleep patterns and developing difficulty falling asleep.
- Sleep: Why Is It Important to Health?
Getting enough sleep has various benefits, including ensuring effective psychological, physical and mental growth as well as eliminating possible case of risks.
- Main Information about Sleeping Disorders
Asleep disorder (somnipathy) is generally a medical disorder that interferes with a person's sleep pattern (or an animal).
- Sleep-Disordered Breathing and Acute Ischemic Stroke
Ischemic stroke, as Bhatnagar observe, is a medical condition where a blood clot blocks a vital vessel that transports nutrients into a given part of the brain.
- Insomnia and Sleep Disorders Analysis
Insomnia diagnosis requires a deep and comprehensive examination of the patient, taking into account the characteristics of sleep, somatic, and psychological characteristics.
- Sleep Paralysis and Its Effects on Humans
Several scholarly works dedicated to the phenomenon will be explored to determine how our sleep can be negatively affected from the specific perspective of sleep paralysis.
- Childbirth Fear and Sleep Deprivation in Pregnant Women by Hall
This is an analysis of the article “Childbirth Fear, Anxiety, Fatigue, and Sleep Deprivation in Pregnant Women by Wendy A. Hall, Yvonne L. Hauck, Elaine M. Carty, Eileen K. Hutton.
- Sleep Deprivation: Article Review and Reaction
The primary purpose of the article by the American Heart Association is to examine the causes, dangers, risk factors, and possible treatment of sleep deprivation.
- Dolphins' Sleeping Patterns
Dolphins' sleeping pattern is vital to ensure that they do not suffocate due to drowning and to keep vigilance on potential predators.
👍 Good Sleep Essay Samples for College
- Trouble Sleeping and Depression Among US Women
Examination of various disorders, which have an impact on the quality of life, is one of the main topics of interest for researchers.
- Using Depressants During Sleep Time
This argumentative paper supports the act of using depressants during sleep time to ensure alertness, particularly during daytime in order to meet economic and social demands.
- The Role of Melatonin in Determining the Sleep-Wake Cycle
Melatonin, which works as a night indicator, also controls this system. As darkness approaches, the pineal gland starts to secrete melatonin.
- The Role of Sleep in Humans' Well-Being
The present paper will offer several different opinions on the role that sleep plays in the satisfaction of humans' well-being. A brief overview of four videos will be followed.
- Psychology of Sleep: Article Study
Sleep is a very important condition in human lives, and if some problems appear while a person is sleeping, it is necessary to identify the problems and solve them.
- The Implications of a Sleep-Deprived Society
Chronic sleeping disorders result in decreased work performance, a higher likelihood of accidents, increased irritability, and vulnerability to mental illnesses.
- Neurocognitive Consequences of Sleep Deprivation
This essay studies the neurological system within the context of a medical case where the patient has deviated from his normal sleeping patterns.
- Insomnia as the Most Common Sleep Disorder
Insomnia as a sleep disorder needs a more detailed analysis to promote patient literacy and limit the threat of it becoming a public health issue.
- Sleep Process Research
The psycho-physiologists have a role in showing the relationship in psycho-physiological and the radical eye movement period.
- Blue Light Effect on Human Sleep
In this paper, the effect of blue light on people's sleep will be researched. Also, the evidence that supports the idea about the impact of blue light on sleep will be provided.
- Sleep and Academic Performance among Students
This paper discusses a relationship between Sleep and Academic Performance among international students in Undergraduate Occupational Therapy program at Monash University.
- Sleep Disorders Analysis: Reasons and Effects
In this paper, the topic of sleep health will be explored in great detail, with particular attention placed on the needs of the target population
- About Sleep Disorders
Sleep is very vital for healthy functioning of body mechanisms .It has been noted that the sleeping duration is dependant on age.
- Sleeping: Importance of Sleep to Humans, Pills and Sleep
This paper builds upon the author’s personal experience of having a lot of sleep depravity and how this has been supported by the usage of medication.
- Sleep Deprivation: Research Methods
This work presents the proposal of the research that will be determined sleep deprivation, what causes it, the effect and why sleep is important.
- Good Sleep and Hygiene among American Citizens
Sleep can be defined as a state of partial or complete unconsciousness where a person is inactive and cannot perform voluntary activities of the body.
- Two Main Phases of Sleep, and Results of Sleep Deprivation
It is customary to divide sleep into two main phases: slow or NREM – non-rapid eye movement – and fast or REM – rapid eye movement.
- Hyperactivity Disorder Symptoms and Sleep Issues
The document to be analyzed is “The moderating roles of bedtime activities and anxiety/depression in the relationship between attention-deficit/hyperactivity” by Tong
- Patient Complain About Problems With Night Sleep
A 78-year-old female complains of problems with night sleep; about once a week, the patient experiences dizziness, and short-term visual disturbances after waking up.
- Circadian Rhythm Sleep-Wake Disorder
Circadian Rhythm Sleep-Wake Disorder is a sleep disorder caused by a disrupted biological sleep-wake cycle or a mismatch among environmental demands and a person’s internal clock.
- Loungewear and Sleepwear Industry's Environmental Scan
The purpose of this paper is to conduct an environmental scan in conjunction with a PEST analysis of the loungewear market.
- Sleep Stages and Disorders
During sleep, a person is less aware of the external environment and the source of stimuli at this stage is primarily internal.
- Insomnia and Sleep Disorders Prevention and Management
Insomnia and sleep disorders are one of the chief complaints among women who go through or are at the beginning of their menopause.
- The Effects of Sleep Deprivation
The effects of sleep deprivation are well-studied, however, they are often ignored by the majority during schedule planning.
- SIDS and Safe Sleep Practices
This paper shall set out to analyze Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, its effects on caregivers and solutions that can be implemented to reduce the prevalence of this issue.
- Research on Stress Levels During Scheduled Sleep Behavior
Different studies have revealed that there are several strategies used to reduce stress. Most scholars agree that there is a relationship between sleep and stress.
- Sleep Deprivation and Specific Emotions
Sleep is one of the most important things for human beings because it is associated with the active development of cognitive and emotional health.
- The Impact of a Regular Sleep Schedule on Responsibility
A sense of responsibility can help people achieve their goals in any area of life. Compliance enables individuals to create value.
- Dolphins Sleeping Pattern
This paper describes the pattern of unihemispheric sleep in dolphins, supporting the abilities of consciousness and ensuring their safety during sleep.
- Sleep Health: Community and Website Resources
The Sleep Disorder Center is a highly specialized facility that has been operational since 1977. It has competent staff and innovative 21st-century medical technology.
🎓 Simple Research Papers about Sleep
- Lack of Sleep at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
This paper aims to explore the detrimental effects of sleep deprivation among KFUPM students and techniques for how they can manage time and stress to get adequate sleep.
- Physical and Mental Health: Impact of Sleep
Sleep is an effective way to relieve physical and mental stress. It is the body’s physiological defense, the need, which is caused by complex psychophysiological processes.
- Sleep Deprivation and Its Effects on College Students
The paper explores the relationship between quality sleep deprivation and its related effect on the academic performance of college-going students.
- Sleep Paralysis as a Psychological Phenomenon
Sleep paralysis is a well-known phenomenon closely linked with the process of waking up and, in some cases, falling asleep.
- Healthy People 2020: Sleep Health
While the requirements for healthy sleep vary from one person to another, considering sleep health in the context of a Healthy People 2020 objective is essential for addressing several limitations.
- Sleep is a Vital Stage of a Day Cycle in Humans
The functions of sleep remain unknown even after excessive research. Sleep has four different stages, which are divided into REM sleep and non-REM sleep.
- Sleep From the Angle of the Biological Process and Its Features
During our recent studies, particular attention has been paid to the necessity for a healthful schedule and a decent amount of sleep for a productive and wholesome life.
- Effects of Sleep on Academic Performance
Sleep and leisure in general have great influence on the performance and achievement of students, both in class and in their future careers.
- Gwen Dewar's Research of the Electronic Media Impact on the Sleeping
Gwen Dewar is an anthropologist with a big experience in studying issues related to parenting, psychology, biology, and many other topics.
- Sleep Disorders: Medical Analysis
This essays aim at providing a brief yet a comprehensive review on the types, causes, and common treatments of sleep disorders.
- Early Childhood Sleep: Its Types and Consistent Routine
Sleep in early childhood begins the process of remodeling learned memories, which may be sufficient to provide short-term benefits in regulating mood and emotions.
- Study of the Sleeping Process
The paper entails a comprehensive analysis of the sleeping process in addition to evaluating the factors that affect the sleeping process.
- Emotions Clusters and Sleep Failure
It was hypothesized that there would be a distinct cluster of emotions different from the clusters of emotions that constitute the PA and NA subscales of PANAS-C.
- Why Do We Need Sleep?: InFormative Speech
An informative speech on the topic of why do we need sleep with a general purpose to emphasize the importance of proper sleep behavior.
- Research Paper Analysis: Report on Sleep Habits
This paper critically analyses a research report on sleeping habits among Oxford University students (Jeffrey & William, 2009).
- Phone Use and the Quality of Sleep in Young Adults
The present study describes overnight smartphone activity in young adults (age 18-26) and its effect on the amount of night sleep that they are receiving.
- Sleep Hygiene Intervention Plan for Young Adults
The main goal of this plan is to develop a list of guidelines for nurses on how they can offer a kind of educational program to their patients.
- Sleep Apnea Types, Diagnosis and Treatment
Sleep apnea is characterized by shallow breaths or infrequent pauses in breathing while a person is asleep. The paper reviews its types, diagnosis and treatment.
- ICU Sleep Quality Improvement Case Report
This case report will discuss patient sleep difficulties in intensive care units and how they may be addressed.
- The Five Stages of Sleep
While most people tend to think that sleep is the period when the activity in the brain reduces or is minimal, research and study have proved otherwise.
- Sleep Deprivation and Insomnia: The Case Study
The identified topic is connected to one of the health behaviors – sleep. The lack of sleep leads to serious health issues, such as heart disease, dementia, obesity, and others.
- Sleep Disturbance and Neuropsychological Function Within ADHD
Sleep disruption is an inherent behavioral feature in childhood attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, known as ADHD.
- Sleep, Experiences and Podcast Sleep Through Week
The podcast interview with Matthew Walker discussed how not getting enough sleep severely affects people's health and well-being.
- Relation Between Sleep and Work Productivity
In the work, the discussion regarding sleep will cover both the benefits and detriments of a healthy sleep, as well as some issues concerning people’s sleep patterns.
- Sleep Deprivation and Learning Outcomes Among Students
This paper focuses on the effects of sleep deprivation on university students' performance and explores the relationship between sleep deprivation and learning outcomes.
- Adolescent Sleep and the Impact of Technology Use
The paper analyzes the sleep issues experienced by adolescents and the effects that technology has on the sleep patterns of the target demographics.
- Sleeping Patterns Within Infants
The focus on examining the infants' sleeping patterns is important in order to conclude about the factors which can prevent infants from sleeping well.
- American Adolescents' Sleeping Habits and Factors
Consumer electronics negatively affects the sleeping habits of adolescents. The term “rollercoaster” sleep is used to describe the irregular sleep patterns of many teenagers.
- Sleep Deprivation and Learning at University
If the students do not get adequate sleep, they can struggle with poor coordination, lack of motivation, and lowered ability to use critical thinking skills.