Rewording sentences has never been easier than with our paraphrasing tool. Follow the steps listed below:
- Paste the sentence or text.
- Select rewording settings.
- Click the "Submit" button.
- Copy the paraphrased text to your clipboard.
🎰 What Is a Rewording Machine?
Our rewording machine is a free online tool for essays that paraphrases texts and sentences using AI. It replaces words with absolute or partial synonyms. You can choose the percentage of changed text and tick a box if you want the tool to analyze capitalized words. After that, in the results, you can see different synonym options for the altered terms and pick the best one.
This tool helps students who need to process and paraphrase a lot of information for their essays. It is also helpful for those who want to avoid plagiarism while referring to someone's or their own words.
Here is an example of how this reword app works:
- Original: Jack was astonished by the impeccable beauty of the Himalayan mountains when he came to India for the first time.
- Reworded: Jack was amazed by the flawless charm of the Himalayan peaks when he arrived in India for the first time.
🧐 How to Reword a Sentence?
Here are the fundamental rules of how to rephrase a sentence:
- Make sure you understand the essence of the original piece. Read the text carefully and highlight the most important information. Spot keywords that are the core meaning and don't need rewording.
- Rewrite the piece in your own words using synonyms. Replace the words without changing the sense and message of the article. Your version might be close to the original text at this stage. You can use an online tool to speed up this step.
- Change the structure of the sentences. Alter the word order, length, or other sentence features if necessary. It should match your writing style and academic requirements.
- Proofread and edit. If you've missed something, reread the piece to ensure everything is correct.
Mistakes of Rewording
Rewording is not as easy as it might seem at first glance. Here are the typical mistakes students make while rewording or rephrasing:
- Simply changing words. Most of the time, just rewording your sentences is not enough. Moreover, it can be considered plagiarism without proper citation.
- Misinterpreting the author's ideas. Better add your own thoughts after the paraphrased piece and refer to the author.
- Missing essential parts of the original text. You can mislead the readers if you omit important messages the author mentioned.
- Using only automatic tools. You still need to check the accuracy of rewording and match it with the tone of voice of your paper.
🎭 Do's and Don'ts of a Reword Machine
|Do||Work with different texts and paste up to 5500 symbols at a time.|
|Regulate the rewording percentage of a text: from 20 to 100 percent of replaced words.|
|Use quotation marks or the author's name if the ideas are not yours.|
|Choose the best synonyms from the drop-down lists linked to the changed words. Click the word you would like to replace with a better synonym to see the list.|
|Don't||Blindly copy and paste the reworded text – check the results and alter them if needed.|
|Reword extensive texts – divide them into parts to focus on the keywords and notice errors.|
|Ignore synonyms – you can always choose better options by clicking the words in the 'reworded text window.'|
📝 Rewording Machine Examples
Now take a look at some rewording examples made with our tool to see how it works:
Rewording Example #1
Before: Stretching is a powerful weapon against the ruinous sedentary lifestyle.
After: Stretching is an effective measure against the destructive inactive way of life.
Source: Therapeutic Exercise: Stretching and Strength
Rewording Example #2
Before: Another distinguishing trait of that period was the independence of physicians from hospitals and medical organizations' control.
After: One more distinctive characteristic of that time was the independence of physicians from clinics
and medical associations' management.
Source: Healthcare System in the US vs. the UK, Canada, Germany
Rewording Example #3
Before: Nursing as a whole may be defined as a profession involving caring for patients and helping them with various needs and problems to create an appropriate healthcare environment. However, caring is not the only function of nursing, and hence there is a number of diverse dimensions of nursing and principles closely linked with these dimensions.
After: Nursing altogether can be characterized as a job that consists of caregiving and assisting patients
with various emergencies and issues to construct a convenient healthcare ecosystem. Nevertheless, caregiving is
not the only nursing duty; there are a few different functions and responsibilities closely connected with these
Source: Artistic Expression of Caring Concept
🛎️ Additional Services
In this section, we've collected the best online services to help you polish your writing.
Thesaurus.com – online & free dictionary brought by Dctionary.com.
Synonym.com – synonyms and antonyms for any word.
Grammarly.com – a writing assistant for proofreading, editing, and plagiarism checking.
Assignology.com Word Cutter – free & online tool to shorten any text.
Hemingway Editor – style-checker highlighting the vulnerable parts of a text.