Cut your word count without reducing the content. This tool is very easy to use:
- Paste the text.
- Mind that there is a 15,000-character limit.
- Choose text reduction options.
- Click the button.
- Copy the text to the clipboard.
✒️ What Is Cut-Down-Word-Count Generator?
Cut-Down-Word-Count Generator is a free online tool that summarizes texts and reduces sentence and word count. It cuts out unnecessary words, phrases, and sentences but doesn't change the sense of a text. This is a helpful instrument for students, journalists, and other people who work with loads of written information.
Besides reducing your writing, you can also use the tool to summarize books, short novels, and articles on any topic. Artificial intelligence finds keywords and decides which sentences and words are the most essential.
The tool is also fully compatible with Grammarly – you can edit the text on our page if you have an extension.
✂️ How to Cut Down Words in My Essay?
Automatic tools are great when you need to work with extensive text. However, consider manual summarizing for more flexibility.
Here's how to reduce your word count manually:
- Find and highlight the key messages. If you do it thoroughly, you will preserve the initial sense of a text.
- Cut out adjectives and adverbs. Many of them are just filler words that serve only the aesthetic features of a text. That is why you won't lose the main points if you delete them.
- Look for synonyms and synonymic collocations. To avoid plagiarism in academic papers, use synonyms when referring to another author's thoughts. And you will still need to give them a reference.
- Change structures. Simplifying sentences is another way to reduce the word count. Just rewrite lengthy and overcomplicated grammar.
- One paragraph – one idea. Each section should focus only on one idea or answer one question. Keep your paragraphs at 200-300 and sentences at 15-25 words.
Words and Phrases to Avoid
You will also need to work on vocabulary. In this part, we will explain how to avoid excessive wording and bring your essay to academic standards.
|Subjective and loaded language. These are unnecessary for sentence structure; you can remove them without altering the text.||Stunning, ugly, beautiful, horrible, great, boring, fantastic, obviously, of course, very.|
|Cliches. Better think of shorter and less overused phrases.||Think outside the box, play your cards right, time will tell.|
|Informal language. Informal words and phrases are not appropriate in academic writing.||A bit, a couple of, kind of, sort of, you, your.|
|Wordy phrases. Replace them with one word or remove them.||
|Jargon, slang, and gender-biased language. Sometimes it is better to use more wordy structures to make the text appropriate.||
👍 Word Cutter for Essays: Do's and Don'ts
This list of practical recommendations will help you use the word remover to its max.
- Don't paste long texts. The word limit allows us to summarize extensive passages, but we don't recommend it. Instead of cutting the whole text, work with each part separately.
- Don't simply copy and paste the results into your essay. You will likely need to modify the reduced text to create a smooth final version.
- Divide texts into logical parts. The AI will identify the main points quicker and have fewer error risks. It will also make it easier for you to navigate and spot mistakes.
- Check the results. It will be easier for you to manually correct inaccuracies at the very first stage. The tool is fast, but the human brain is more capable of understanding writing subtleties.
- Remove plagiarism. This is not a paraphrasing tool, so you must work on plagiarism. If it is just for personal use, you can leave the text as it is. Otherwise, you will need to quote or paraphrase the text to avoid plagiarized content.
- Work on word choice. Some texts you use might not be suitable for academic writing or your instructor's requirements. Devote some time to put the vocabulary in order.
Check out this example of a text summarized by our word reducer.
In the current study, several limitations of the research are necessary to mention. While random sampling will ensure representativeness and a low level of bias, there is a risk of limited outcomes in quantitative analysis. Since the questionnaires use structured and close-ended questions, there is a possibility of limited outcomes, which means that the results cannot always represent the actual occurrence in generalized forms.
Since respondents have limited response options that the researcher designed, the outcomes thus ultimately depend on the perspective taken by a scholar when creating the questions. Another significant limitation of the study is the limited availability of secondary data that can be applied to the research context. While the subject matter is widespread, there has been little research on implementing a sports education instructional program at educational facilities. Finally, data may not be robust enough to make conclusions regarding study findings.
Full text: Jeddah University: Sports Health Education Instructional Program - 4403 Words | Free Paper Example
Since the questionnaires use structured and close-ended questions, there is a possibility of limited outcomes, which means that the results cannot always represent the actual occurrence in generalized forms. Another significant limitation of the study is the limited availability of secondary data that can be applied to the research context. While the subject matter is widespread, there has been little research on implementing a sports education instructional program at educational facilities.